December 11, 2009

Hard Times for Snowman !!

Just yesterday I saw a picture of snowman in Spiegel website(The Mirror)and god ! how sad, lonely, dilapidated he looked. Reason - the picture caption read "the snowman is feeling the heat in southern Germany where temperatures reached an unreasonable eight degrees Celsius on Tuesday, the day after the start of Copenhagen climate summit" Yes, yes i know what you are thinking....global warming...climate change..hhmmm... Well I would not discuss this topic right now...I rather concentrate on that poor snowman.


I remember that last year freezing tempratures had started by beginning of December.It was really cold and we had the first snowfall of the season by now. It was a wonderful sight and I ran out to make a snowman...I did make one and it did not melt away like this poor snowman. But this year there are no freezing tempratures and hence no snow and hence no snowman. I look at the weather forecast daily hoping the tempratures would go below zero degrees and there would be snowfall. So far I have been let down by the winter season but guess what?? I saw that in the coming week there would be drastic dip in the tempratures and then we might have snowfall. Winters without snow is little unimaginable for me....I don't mean that there should be snow blizzards or snow storms...but yes some snowfall is always good.


And then children can happily sing -
Frosty the snowman/ was a jolly happy soul

No comments: